Placing an order: (613) 968-2508
- Orders should be placed at least four weeks ahead of your desired pick up date, even sooner for fancy breeds, guinea fowl and waterfowl.
- "Straight run" birds are unsexed, for better odds of getting a good mix of males and females the more ordered the better!
- Certain breeds are available in a limited supply for the season please order early.
- Birds can generally be picked up any time during the day including evenings if necessary. Please call ahead so that someone will be able to assist you.
- We will notify you at least two days before your birds are ready for pickup.
- Minimums per breed or variety: 5 chicks, 5 keets, 3 poults, 3 ducklings - this applies to breed and variety.
- 20% deposit is due upon confirmation of your order - we accept the following methods of payment: cheque, money order, e-mail money transfer, hyperwallet, Visa and Mastercard. Please note: deposit is non-refundable once your order is within four weeks of hatch date. Additional terms and conditions may also apply due to cancellation of your order.
- In order to keep your order on your confirmed hatch date and to help avoid ordering errors, we request that you avoid changes to your order once placed - we reserve the right to limit changes to any order.
To view a single category of breeds within the Poultry Catalogue please use the following links:
- Some of our birds are hatched weekly and may be available as such, however, large orders
and most of our special breeds need to be ordered well in advance of your desired pickup date.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, such as availability of eggs and hatching results,
guarantee all orders to be filled on their expected dates, however, we will do our best to ensure that they will be.
- Some of our birds are show quality and do very well at poultry shows, however, we do not guarantee show quality birds. Also note that their is often some variations in features such as colour pattern, size etc. with a certain number of chicks from every hatch. We do guarantee purebred birds.
- Bantams, some standard chickens, turkeys, and guinea fowl are sold as straight run only.
- Add 15 cents per day, per bird for started birds.
- Vaccination for Mareks is 15 cents per bird.
- We guarantee sexing to 90% accuaracy.
- We can ship day old poultry by air if you live outside of Ontario, we do not ship within Ontario except for Thunder Bay airport.
- If looking for poultry not listed, please inquire for availability.
At Performance Poultry we consider bio-security an important precaution in helping to maintain the health of our breeding birds.
While it may not be the most appealing program for some customers because they cannot see the birds, it is effective and therefore necessary in the health management of poultry.
Recent developments with avian influenza have driven home the importance of our commitment to bio-security. From day one, we have had this program in effect, it is not foolproof, but it can greatly reduce the chances of your birds coming into contact with contagious disease.
Bio-security involves taking steps to help prevent your birds from being exposed to disease and can include some of the following:
- Not allowing visitors into your poultry houses or pens
- Keeping wild birds and animals out of buildings or areas where poultry are kept
- Using a foot bath with disinfectant for anyone visiting your farm who also has poultry
- Avoid purchasing birds from livestock sales barns or any other places where many birds from different sources are brought together
- Never purchase a bird that appears unwell
- Newly purchased birds which appear healthy should be quarantined for a minimum of 30 days if you already have poultry on your property
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of pens and equipment
- Designated clothing and footwear that is always and only used for working with your birds
- After visiting any farm or facility which has poultry, make sure you clean and disinfect your footwear, wash the clothes you were wearing and take a shower
- Vaccination of birds
- Showing your birds increases your odds of bringing home disease and isnít really part of an effective bio-security program, therefore, under these circumstances it is prudent to quarantine your birds after every show
- Purchase birds, preferably day olds, from a reliable source, which employs a health management and bio-security program